Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Back in Business

Now that is obviously a horse saying that! I love horses, anywhere!

BTW - I am logged in on an old tablet, Windows 7, at the Whole Foods Store and getting no popups.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    BTW - I am logged in on an old tablet, Windows 7, at the Whole Foods Store and getting no popups.
    Old-timey cell phone though - saw one ad popup?

The infection was gone but has returned again. New iphone with no browser history getting popup ads today. And then there's the flood of new members with random-like names. And there's this email from webmaster a week ago:
    Recently the Posts on StSC were replaced with a string of code. This problem has been corrected and I hope you will continue...
    Seems someone is really trying hard here. I apologize for stating the obvious but doesn't this call into question the competence of your IT folks, or possibly they are complicit in the hack?

Thank you Lorne;

I will see if there is anything I can do to help participate in keeping the website clean.

This continuing attack is probably due to the new technology. These are live people registering, apparently a new industry where you litter up a website enough (malicious links) and it is tagged "Dangerous".

We are working on it.