Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Back in Business

Someone probably reported this site to Google as one that is infected with malware. This indeed was true when STSC was under attack.

Unfortunately, this site is now listed with Google as being unsafe.

I've requested of Google to review this site to see that it is not dangerous, and to remove STSC from its list.

Google's review period takes several days. So we just sit back and wait.

I'll keep everyone posted.

STSC has been removed from Google's malware list. No longer should site visitors see that scary malware warning.

Banned
    STSC still serving up adware here. Perhaps you're using ad-blocking software and don't see it?

Watch the lower left Status Bar on your browser as STSC website loads. You'll see it hit the various adware sites like onclkds.com, pub2srv, etc. Easily reproducible - go down to your local store and type in 'savingtosuitorsclub.net' into the demo computer for sale. Then click anywhere on page and watch what happens.

Name:  adwareblocked.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  46.5 KB

I am still enduring popups too. I will try cleaning up my browser history and then rebooting...

FWIW vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 before the 'upgrade' to vBulletin® Version 4.2.3 did not seem to suffer these issues. never had any problems accessing this site on vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 either.

they are now upto at least vBulletin® Version 4.2.5 Beta 3 which is stable for https://forums.mydigitallife.info and Daz there is an ace on the subject who is easily accessible, live in their real time chat room.

switching to HTTPS could help prevent some of this stuff aswell, no?

I just got a bogus facebook invitation to start a new account!!

So far so good.

If you are still getting popups clear your browser data.

Thank you IT guys.

FWIW inside info on VB from a former Dev:

Internet Brands only has 1 developer maintaining vBulletin 3 and 4, but they're getting rid of him on May 26th. So other than the software being very old it's now been given a death sentence too. There will be no new features, no support and patches for vulnerabilities won't be a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Thank you for that news George. We are on it around here.
    youre welcome. mydigitallife forum management has decided to switch to xenoforo software: https://xenforo.com/

which speaks volumes of the VB situation as that membership is reasonably high tech. i am familiar with a couple of other forums that use it now and made the switch early on when the development at VB started slacking.

xenoforo is alright but kinda has that childish, facebook feel to it with the like buttons and such but im sure those options could be disabled, it is fully functional and has all the expected features a forum software should have though.

MDL will be switching over next week starting on the 18th in case you want to check out how that goes. (link in previous post) they expect a couple of days downtime (offline) but it could be more or less however they will be doing extensive customizations to the software that are not required.