Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Back in Business

Now that is obviously a horse saying that! I love horses, anywhere!

BTW - I am logged in on an old tablet, Windows 7, at the Whole Foods Store and getting no popups.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    BTW - I am logged in on an old tablet, Windows 7, at the Whole Foods Store and getting no popups.
    Old-timey cell phone though - saw one ad popup?

Banned
    The infection was gone but has returned again. New iphone with no browser history getting popup ads today. And then there's the flood of new members with random-like names. And there's this email from webmaster a week ago:
    Recently the Posts on StSC were replaced with a string of code. This problem has been corrected and I hope you will continue...
    Seems someone is really trying hard here. I apologize for stating the obvious but doesn't this call into question the competence of your IT folks, or possibly they are complicit in the hack?

Thank you Lorne;

I will see if there is anything I can do to help participate in keeping the website clean.

This continuing attack is probably due to the new technology. These are live people registering, apparently a new industry where you litter up a website enough (malicious links) and it is tagged "Dangerous".

We are working on it.

Yes there does seem to be a concerted effort to disrupt this website. From one location I was getting this:

Name:  Screenshot_2017-09-14-07-53-40.png
Views: 537
Size:  149.0 KB

Banned
    I believe we've just witnessed how to takeout a forum without taking it offline. Infect the site with adware yet somehow make the owner/operators immune from it. Have a couple users say "working fine here" (blame the victim) and admin is convinced it's just a browser cache issue. Meanwhile Google tags the site Dangerous and it doesn't even appear as a result when searching "saving to suitors club".

Fascinating.

Name:  01MHrDy_d.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  1.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by lorne View Post
    I believe we've just witnessed how to takeout a forum without taking it offline. Infect the site with adware yet somehow make the owner/operators immune from it. Have a couple users say "working fine here" (blame the victim) and admin is convinced it's just a browser cache issue. Meanwhile Google tags the site Dangerous and it doesn't even appear as a result when searching "saving to suitors club".

Fascinating.

Name:  01MHrDy_d.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  1.3 KB
    I agree with you. This attack became even more intensive after David filed with the Court of International Trade.

StSC should come off of Google's black list within a few days.

Also, new protections have been put in place to prevent these hackings. Time will tell just how effective these protections are - we'll see!