Thread: Is a bank required to have adequate cash (FRN) on hand to cash out a large check?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It probably falls into "identification requirements" of the bank.

Your post seems to lack an important piece of information. Do you have an account? Or are you cashing the check at your boss's bank? I think that either a trust account # or SSN is required to open an account. If you supply a trust account # the First Trustee must provide the SSN too.

I came across something when declined for a fishing license due to not providing a SSN.

Now if you look up that citation you find the Sporting Goods store is responsible to provide that information. Then you look even closer to find that the SSN is not for identification purposes but that the SSA has been allowed by Congress to share the number for "identification purposes".

So there you have it. At least this smacks of it. The OCC and Homeland Security have the bank manager, not you. "Your" SSN still remains private. But you need that paycheck and if your pal at the bank cannot help you through your privacy issues then I doubt the bank on the other corner will.

Learn trust law. I have found that I came to peace with these things and am much, much happier after doing so. Another approach is my Lesson Plan. We have developed novel process in central banking, outside the scope of central banking - Redemption. So far, so good. If you look at the Albany Remand keep in mind please that for these several "incidents" there are probably a thousand successful lawful money refunds of withholdings. Plus that we can find the mistake that any IRS attorney would have seen in the demand/return process for these "incidents".

The frivolous penalty stalls. We have only seen one 2645C Letter and that is always good news! It usually means full refunds are on the way. Even including penalties and interest for the delay after your claim was made.

Attachment 5154

Name:  2645C 90 Day Reassessment Letter 2.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  242.0 KB
    Last edited by David Merrill; 07-29-18 at 11:56 PM.