Quote Originally Posted by Michael Joseph View Post
couple years back we were on a trip from North Carolina to Indiana. When I go on such trips I usually carry a minimum of 2500 in cash in case something happens that is unexpected. That year I forgot to change some of the 100's into 20's before I left. Finding that we were almost out of gas in Kentucky we stopped at a large gas station. I told my wife that I would pump the gas if she went in and paid the clerk so it was a deal. I was waiting and waiting and waiting in the cold until finally I got frustrated. I told the children to hang tight and I would be back shortly. So when I went inside, my wife was shaken and the clerk was adamantly demanding that he was not going to take a 100 for gas.

I tried to be humble and peaceful so I told him we were fueling up and most likely it would take around 60 so he should not have any concerns. He just dug in deep and would not move off his position. We had no choice as we don't have credit cards but to pay in the cash that we had. So that clerk got an unwanted education that most likely gave him diarrhea for the rest of the day. I wheeled on him and said so you are intent on breaking the law?, in that case the gas is free - the police will be here shortly to enforce the free gas. So I called the local police department and explained myself.

They got on the phone with the clerk, most likely annoyed, and just like that the clerk accepted the 100 for gas. It is a shame that one must go to such lengths but then again, if one does not stand for one's right, then one has no right. When we got back on the road, my wife asked me "how do you do that?" I responded because God allows me. There is not other answer. And experience has shown me that this is true.
Let's say that some corporation tried to push me with the argument that FRN's are not money of the United States or some other such non-sense, then that is easily defeated by LEGAL TENDER - therefore non-acceptance is breach of the public trust.

Said doctor-tator is your creditor if services were rendered without payment being first received.
The King James Bible mentions gold 417 times, silver 320 times, and money, which is mentioned 140 times, refers to physical silver and gold. Not once does it mention a paper currency.