Thread: Notice and Demand to the Fed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hmm, Just noticed something odd.

I just made a payment on my auto loan online.

I saw my payment was posted immediately after. Before it used to take the money out of my checkings account then 2 or so business days post to my auto loan...

Now it's immediate. Probably co-incidence. HOwever, it is my first time making a payment since non-endorsing paychecks.

Quote Originally Posted by enlightened View Post
    Hmm, Just noticed something odd.

I just made a payment on my auto loan online.

I saw my payment was posted immediately after. Before it used to take the money out of my checkings account then 2 or so business days post to my auto loan...

Now it's immediate. Probably co-incidence. HOwever, it is my first time making a payment since non-endorsing paychecks.

I am not saying it is so but that makes perfect sense within context of my above images. Your non-endorsed paychecks constitute special deposits. Therefore that amount of funding is sitting in the vault. It is a specific set of bills that the bank cannot touch and it is immediately available to you for use.

Before, when you made regular deposits it took a few days to extract the funds from the system of fractional lending. Maybe it would be better viewed as Basil III risk management and final rule, that was holding things up.

That is an interesting observation! Thank you. - And I mean interesting in the original sense of PAY ATTENTION. You have just revealed something very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    I am not saying it is so but that makes perfect sense within context of my above images. Your non-endorsed paychecks constitute special deposits. Therefore that amount of funding is sitting in the vault. It is a specific set of bills that the bank cannot touch and it is immediately available to you for use.

Before, when you made regular deposits it took a few days to extract the funds from the system of fractional lending. Maybe it would be better viewed as Basil III risk management and final rule, that was holding things up.

That is an interesting observation! Thank you. - And I mean interesting in the original sense of PAY ATTENTION. You have just revealed something very useful.
    I see.

Thing is. The deposits were made into my checkings account which already contained endorsed funds. So essentially there is a mix of lawful money and elastic money.

I highly doubt the existing elastic money has been converted to lawful money simply due to my first non endorsed check.

Maybe lawful money is used first for any and all purchases then it defaults to elastic money once that is depleted?

EDIT:

just made a small payment to one of my credit cards. It did not post immediately. Maybe Credit cards are viewed differently then collateral loans...
    Last edited by enlightened; 10-18-13 at 03:14 PM.