Thread: IRS inquiry: Do incorrect 1099s need rebuttal?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ManOntheLand
    Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
    Treefarmer is a Pete HENDRICKSON, Cracking the Code victim.
    Your terse ad hominem attacks in your last couple of posts are doing nothing for my confidence in your judgment or your intentions. I just hope suitors will follow your example in not filing, rather than follow your indefensible suggestion that they take an LMR deduction on a 1040.

JUST SAY NO TO 10-4-0!!!

There are no victims. Only volunteers. The Achilles heel of the CTC "method" is that it involves filing a 1040. You can argue duress to void a W-4 or W-9 form since you have to work, but nobody makes you file a 1040. Unless you are going to do it their way, there is no excuse for filing a 1040. Those who do so with LMR are volunteering and may someday be referred to as a "David Merrill Remedy victim". How do you like the sound of that? Maybe the proponent of the next cute method of tax return filing will dismiss what your "victims" have to say on their forum.

When I stopped filing 1040's and just disputed information returns with a simple written statement (noting the duress and that I actually work in the private sector) and demanded they update their records, I had no problem. Even before I ever heard of LMR. I see LMR as a remedy for one of several nexuses of taxation. The others are created when I am trying to just make a living and can be nullified by making a record of the duress and fraud.

Since I sent an inquiry letter to Commissioner of IRS and Secretary of Treasury about filing requirement and received no response, I have not even bothered to dispute information returns much less file a 1040 and they are leaving me alone.

Best defense is a good offense though. Dispute info returns and demand they update their records so their computer doesn't start spitting out demands for you to file.

The only way any tax avoidance method is really going to "work" for anyone is to the degree you are too much trouble for too little payoff (whether in money or publicity a la Wesley Snipes). No matter what argument you rely on, they can get the argument "rejected" by a Federal Court. So they have to know you are ready to ruin their cover story that "everybody has to pay his fair share" and that all Americans are taxed directly on all that comes in. This is what a jury of average Americans will believe. They won't risk having that bubble burst. Part of the reason I sent my letter to the Commish is to get such bubble bursting into my administrative record, so it is automatically admissible evidence.

Since no one can be 100% guaranteed against being harassed by auntie no matter what they do, make the worst case scenario being charged with a misdemeanor (willful failure to file) rather than a felony (tax evasion or filing false documents). JUST SAY NO to 10-4-0.
    Last edited by ManOntheLand; 05-30-13 at 07:35 AM.