Wow, long read. I have no problem paying property taxes, supporting the local infrastructure.

What I object to is the confiscation of your property for not paying do to financial inability.

In Thailand their is no property tax, only a one time tax when transferring the title, and they would seem to have a working police, fire and rescue system.

As far as not paying land taxes that is not a problem. Rent to a church non-profit. Of course the church is one you started. I have not used this on my own home and property, and I have not objected to the small amount of taxes I was asked to pay. But I did own a commercial building that I purchased for the use of the church, my church. I did not claim the whole commercial building as being used by the church only about 30%. Yes someone from the tax department did come out and survey the situation.

As a church you can provide a home for the ministers etc. The land on which the minister resides can be paid for by the church and the owner of the land gets a tax reduction based on the percentage used. All nice and legal, lawful. It costs about $50 to start a church in Hawaii. I had the same church in Oregon before I moved to Hawaii. Just an approach some my find useful.