Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
Let me say, I am not being argumentative, rather I very much enjoy discussing God's word
and hearing other interpretations from genuine believers.

So do you believe that the soul or the spirit, or both will experience the second death?

< Hebrews 9:27 >

Based on your answer it sounds as if you are saying the soul is the only thing that lives on.

Thanks,

Tom

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

It is appointed that men should die in this Age once - there is no RE-incarnation. One trip thru this Flesh Age and then on to paradise. To reside in paradise, yet said paradise is divided into two sections - a gulf - a chasm - that cannot be passed. Luke 16. Also 2nd Esdras. See the so called rich man was on the other side and the gulf could not be passed.

Tell me false ones - where is your Hell. Where is your power now? Hell does not exist and in reality will only exist at the end - and at the end it - for those who can read the greek - it means to be blotted out of existence.

Tangent - what kind of paradise would it be if you could hear and see your relatives and friends - burning and tormented forever and ever. What now of your fear - false ones? Go peddle it somewhere else. Did you catch the blotting out part -

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Here you must go deeper. Hell = Gehenna. And Gehenna is the waste heap and was a place to dispose of waste. Sort of like Ai = waste heap.

The Flesh must become subordinate to the Spirit [intellect].