Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
I really would not like to send the bank anything that might call their attention to my demands for lawful money. The personnel in the bank are the same ones I dealt with before the merger, I've been banking with them for 3 years or so. Unfortunately, I did not keep a copy of the signature card. Maybe it would be wise to open another account with a new signature card and demand lawful money on the new signature card and snap a picture of it with my iPhone, then close the old account and start using the new one. Or is that being overly paranoid?
We all have to remember that it is our job to prove the "record" not theirs. I personally would not trust the bank to do the honorable thing - let's say if you were ever questioned by the IRS - that signature card can easily be "fixed".

Should I be successful with wells fargo [and at this time I am feelin good about the success because it is so using their system agains them for a change with the three letters as stated above], at the time the signature card is done, I would ask the bank notary to provide me a statement that the signature card is in fact and accurate and true copy of the original held by the bank and have the officer sign off on it. Will they do this? I do not know - but backing their asses in a corner with no wiggle room [particularly for the little money I will have in the account - lol] makes them think twice. But I do live in Florida and most people can not think here very well LOL. So I am often not suprised for stupidity.