Quote Originally Posted by David Lyn View Post
You have to prove you DON'T have a liability? That is backwards....
That is the strategy behind the State attacking for the Feds. The State trundles along presuming you have a federal tax liability.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Corbin View Post
Hey, thanks for the quick response. In viewing some of the documents here, it actually seems to me the civil action filing is what is most appropriate... in reading the LoR it seems that is to be a counterclaim to a given case. So far, there is no case filed. So unless someone tells me I'm completely off base, I'll write up the civil action suit this weekend with attachments being 1040, form 843, notice and demand, and copies of previous and current R4C. Perhaps I'll get the honor of serving the first summons to our new Treasury Secretary?
The fact is that they did not file in the district court prior to the claim. However the mail/administrative process is the district court in miniature considering that the mailbox is federal property/enclave. That is covered albeit with my understanding many years ago in the Instructions at the end of the LoR.

Because you are going forth on the website alone you should understand that the LoR is going to be dismissed. The objective is to form the record. You seem to understand all that so thank you for sharing the experience.

Regards,

David Merrill.