Thread: Pete HENDRICKSON's Lost Horizons - Solutions?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    JohnnyCash
    bobbinville, I took the liberty of editing:
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbinville View Post
    I'm not going to go into all of the issues on this post (lest you start to realize who I am); but the reason why your 1900 silver dollar is no longer rationally used to buy just a dollar's worth of goods is that silver, like gold or copper, is essentially a commodity (of course not the reason but I must state things like I'm an expert & to set the stage for what follows). For a long time (too long, how could the banking cartel steal from a populace using real coins? "Oh hi we're from the Federal Gold Reserve here to clip 6% from all your coins."), the price of silver was such that our coins contained no more than their face value of the metal contained in them; but when that price began to rise due to market pressures, it no longer made sense to keep silver in our coins (silver is money; so what I just said was "the price of money was such that your money contained no more than their face value of the money contained in them" ). We (elite) either had to downsize the coins (too obvious) or change their composition; and by far the most practical course of action was to change the composition (I mean c'mon, we can't let you have REAL MONEY alongside our debt-note money, did you even notice we removed the copper from your penny in 1981?). Nowadays, given the way that silver prices fluctuate (thanks to us rigging the COMEX & LBMA), it would be impossible to come up with a viable silver coinage (not really, America has billions of silver coins but we banksters run this country)-- and I'm not even going to get into the deflationary aspects of tying our monetary system to a precious metal (like paying less for goods is bad. Oh, what a masterwerk of disinfo!).
    Last edited by JohnnyCash; 07-03-13 at 05:47 AM.