Quote Originally Posted by Jaro View Post
I've only sent the IRS that notice a few days ago, so I'll have to wait what response, if any I get from them. In any case, I'll be sending a copy of that notice to any taxman who thinks I'm liable, as a proof of my NON-voluntary use of their SSN benefit. Here's what I've sent them:

"My use of the Social Security number, as well as other United States benefits, such as the Federal Reserve Notes, is only under duress and under protest. I wish to cancel that Social Security number, but the ssa.gov website clearly states that it cannot be cancelled, which makes it impossible for me to do so. Therefore I only use it under duress and under protest. And I hope you realize that without an agreement, such as a voluntary use of a benefit, there can be no liability."
Somehow this strikes me as being reminiscent of a cigarette smoker who claims he only smokes because he is hopelessly addicted and not because he enjoys it, and that he should therefore not be subject to the adverse effects of lung cancer or the high price of cigarettes.
Unfortunately, I don't think life on planet earth works this way.

Nevertheless, I wish you the best of luck with your endeavor.