Please note that the letter I sent to B of A included a certified copy of my demand, filed with the Register of Deeds for the county, so it was not hearsay. There were no other demands already in the bank's possession. Their attempted denial of the demand is puzzling, but as someone already observed, they are not going to give us the ammo to sink their ship, so they attempt plausible deniability. Where this will become relevant, I believe, is when there is another financial crisis, and the banks decide to seize 10% of all deposits, which they can do, since these are merely unsecured loans to the bank, the way their account agreements are written. But my demand takes my account out of their loan reserve, because lawful money cannot be used for fractional reserve lending (I refuse to let them lend against my credit). Further, the lawful money in the account makes it a special deposit account, such that they must return my money in kind (money is fungible, so they don't have to return the same exact notes, just other lawful money, which, under the legal tender laws, could just be more FRN's). But, because it is a special account, it is not an unsecured loan, so should not be subject to seizure. That is, I did not loan them the money, acting as a federal reserve private bank, dealing in FR debt securities. I actually deposited some lawful money for safekeeping, so the bank is acting as bailee, and I would be a first priority creditor in a bankruptcy action. I imagine this status will have to be clarified in a lawsuit after the general seizure...

Freed