Quote Originally Posted by Chex View Post
Keep them coming MJ. To read about the simple changes that took place in England is to understand very clearly how very much the role of money has been perverted in modern times. Lewis channels Adam Smith, David Ricardo and other Classical thinkers in reminding readers that money is not wealth, rather it’s the measuring stick that we use to express the actual wealth we’re exchanging. http://www.forbes.com/sites/johntamn...e-should-read/
In my opinion, money with images upon it, is a direct offense to Yehovah Elohim. It is a breaking of the Covenant. The measure was substance in terms of weight. We see in the word not to have unfair BALANCES:

Deu 25:13 Thou shalt not have in thy bag divers weights, a great and a small.
Deu 25:14 Thou shalt not have in thine house divers measures, a great and a small.
Deu 25:15 But thou shalt have a perfect and just weight, a perfect and just measure shalt thou have: that thy days may be lengthened on the soil which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
Deu 25:16 For all that do such things, and all that do unrighteously, are an abomination unto the LORD thy God.

and

Pro 11:1 False balances is abomination to the LORD: But a just weight is His delight.

They were weighing substance from the Earth. And this is right for it acknowledges the Sovereign nature of Yehovah.

Today money has all sorts of Images upon it. And we are commanded in the "wedding vows" or Trust Agreement - do not make graven images. You say but we don't worship money, right? Well that is just about to make me laugh out loud. Worthless pieces of papers with images of demi-gods upon it and the people all place their trust in paper. This is ultimately a false balance. But we recognize the operation of law from whence those papers came and being not of the world but in the world, we make a use out of necessity.

This is why John the Baptist ate honey and locusts - a meager existence - so that he would learn to hate the evil and love the good. I was teaching my son yesterday about paper and images and I asked him if he would accept a blank piece of paper for money. he said no. I asked why not - it is paper just like this note. He had no answer. I will wait on him for his answer and not command him that it IS money. I often learn quite a bit from my children.

They do not carry years of programming and they have a way of cutting thru the crap and seeing the simple truth. Money exists ONLY IN TRUST. There must exist TRUST for any relationship to exist. So if i hand you an IOU do you trust me that I will make good? Or do you require a Rich Man - Fed Government - to underwrite our commerce? What is that rich man is now a pauper?

See that the Fed Government needs money to handle its affairs. It trades government bonds with a private bank whereby the private bank issues notes into circulation. Those notes can expand as the people continue to make their use. But in making their use, they increase the IOU. See that those notes REPRESENT an IOU. And the surety for those notes are those government bonds. Those notes even issue with an interest rate of return.

The entire system is constructed for slavery. But it is easy to beat the serpent at his own game. Just stay out of debt. Live simple and quiet lives.

Shalom,
MJ