Thread: Whose Troops Are They?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for that link Anthony Joseph!

I believe that the pilot Dale BROWN's interpretation may not be thought through.

The very notion that we altered our flag because someone--whether it is an officer, politician, bureaucrat, or even Congress--thought the U.S. soldier should never be seen as "retreating" is a rather frightening notion to me. It is astounding to me that someone actually had the temerity to think that he could change the symbol of our country just to soothe his own sensibilities. It's a scary notion.

Presuming that the combat uniforms are Velcro-on Flags if the soldier were to retreat he could satisfy the Distress theory and the Wind/Forward Motion theory too. Upon the Retreat Order he could quickly flip the patches over - upside down and relay both messages to soldiers attacking forward behind him so as not to be accused of desertion and cowardice.

However that would be written into the Code, don't you think?

I cannot imagine a soldier is expected to retreat from the battle walking backwards! But it makes me wonder if Dale has considered combing through the Code for conduct during a retreat order?
    Last edited by David Merrill; 05-04-14 at 04:07 PM.