Thread: Income Tax - A Legitimate Usage Fee

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    That stirs an interesting question George. - And Welcome!

NOTICE: RECAP it turns out is not free. It loads to "Public Archives" and is free from there but PACER charges for the initial download!

PACER is a government publication service. RECAP (PACER backwards) is a browser application that connects one up to a cloud (or server) called Public Archives. Somebody figured out that the government should not legally be making a profit off of PACER. So they invented RECAP and when you have RECAP on your browser you can upload files for free by downloading them to Public Archives as you download them for viewing.

However that did not shut down PACER or prevent many people from paying ten cents per page to view documents.

At first blush, endorsement is the consent to pay for either? Maybe receiving the benefit too?

P.S. Out of Washington:

Dear Friend:

Montanans know how special our outdoor resources are, and what an important role our outdoor heritage plays in our lives.
    Unfortunately, the House of Representatives passed an initiative to sell off our most treasured recreation areas to the highest out-of-state bidders.

So yesterday, I introduced a bill to stop Congress from attempting to sell off our public lands.

I will always oppose any efforts to restrict access to our public lands. Yesterday on the Senate floor, I talked about Montana's public lands.
    You can read my remarks below and watch my speech here. You can send this link to others who share our Montana values and know we must preserve access to our public lands.

Sincerely,

John Walsh

US Senate
    Last edited by David Merrill; 07-06-14 at 12:04 AM.