Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCash View Post
What good or service are you considering, Keith? That scrip reminds me of Ithaca Hours. The banking cabal allows these local currencies so long as they don't become nationwide. Certainly better than FRNs but experience shows these aren't really needed when we have Lawful Money of the US, commodities, and bitcoin to trade with. Pretty much universally accepted. And the banksters cannot stop any of them.
I'm playing with the idea of goods and services being provided to people out of Christian charity, and recognized by a beneficiary who then issues the certificate, which can be honored by others in a private society.

Ithaca Hours and other systems are mutual credit systems, where a society or trade network extends credit to members within the network.

My idea is an inverse application of mutual credit, where instead of the society extending credit to individuals, individuals extend credit to the society.

Example: a painter extends credit to someone when he paints their living room. The debtor then issues a certificate authenticating the work was done. Now the society owes the painter.

The model is Christ himself, who offered his sacrifice to the Father for the world's benefit, rather than the world extending credit to him in exchange for his work.