Quote Originally Posted by djlamb View Post
I appreciate that. Yes, I have been handwriting (the Demand) it correctly AFTER joining this forum. I have no desire to "use" my True Name in this forum, hence why I simply use a stage name I use when performing in front of audiences. I should have framed my question more specifically. Based on what I have read thus far, it is recommended to use (if necessary) the True Name (for me, it would be Michael Joseph) vs the LEGAL name (Mike Lamb). I agree, name is secondary; KNOWING WHO YOU ARE is most important. I am thinking of simply using Michael-Joseph (nothing more)

For awhile, I stopped using checks and only used (when necessary) USPS Money Orders, but due to cost and inconvenience, I went back to checks. I will research checks more precisely in the forum (I just have not found that thread or article that covers checks in more detail) - the goal being to not use them any more.

Again, I appreciate it David. All of my questions are probably redundant in such a group of this magnitude. I do not wish to rush, but I would like to get a few things done (in place) before the end of December.

1) Stamp
2) Formal Notice (stating the Demand for Lawful Money etc)
3) Change the signature card at the current bank I maintain accts at
4) I have to research or give Formal Notice to "my EMPLOYER" also (STATE UNIVERSITY) at some point. As expected, such a corporation that gets some amount of FEDERAL FUNDING does things a certain way - direct deposit, W4s, etc.

I have not paid in full. I've kept them from withholding by completing a new W4 (I am aware that I am [the name] still under contract because I consent to such a contract) every year. With the limited knowledge I had, it was the only way to keep the EMPLOYER from extracting from my labor. So, when I do go back and file for 2013 and 2014, I will end up "owing" them, with interest (for 2013). I don't like it, but my mistake, so there are consequences for my actions.

May your weekend be very pleasant, DJ Lamb

Great! We are happy to help. I gather you mean Notice and Demand (template attached) on the Fed Bank nearest you?