Quote Originally Posted by BLBereans View Post
You won't find a cite. Just because "it has been discussed here and elsewhere" doesn't make it the express agreement terms and conditions for FRN redemption.

Of course there is no specific direction in the code as to how to go about redeeming; does Wal-Mart specifically spell out their private financials to you as regards to your coupon redemption with them?

"That's our business; you just bring the coupon in and we will take care of it "in-house".

Redemption doesn't happen on demand; ..."they shall be redeemed upon demand...". Shall is a future tense word. Whether or when "they" redeem or not is not our problem in this specific instance. Our demand is made expressly known and therefore we are NOT liable in any way either for "mis-use" or failure to perform. That is our purpose, to provide a lawful record of our "non-use" of FRNs for purposes other than expressly permitted in the agreement.
I have no need to find a cite as I have not questioned the validity of US Notes as lawful money. I merely provided the reference as courtesy for you to further investigate, if you so desired.

I appreciate your interpretation but my first-hand experience expresses, for me, the validity of the use of the verbiage being discussed here.