Thread: The Gift

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Joseph View Post
    I am just wondering why do I care about why Jesus would have a conversation with some so called Religious folks. And clearly he is telling them, by your reasonings, that the Kingdom is within them? When clearly even my nine year old can point out that those Pharisees are total hypocrites.

Why it will not be too much longer that those same pharisees will be plotting to kill Jesus, the man. But when I realized one day that I am a total hypocrite, then I realized he, Jesus, is telling me about me. And the Armageddon that is being fought within me.

Passover, Pentecost and Tabernacles are all observed within me - but EVENTUALLY they will all be observed outside of me as we are all transformed from "glory into glory". For when has church ever converted its members without the end of a gun?

Shalom,
    MJ
    Notice this excerpt from your reply above:
    And clearly he is telling them, by your reasonings, that the Kingdom is within them?
    No, using the "within you" translation is YOUR position MJ. My position is that the kingdom is NOT "within them", as I have made abundantly clear in previous posts. The kingdom, in the person of Jesus, its King, was "in their midst", but they could not see that, because that truth can only come by revelation from the Father (Mt 16:16-18).

See post17071
    For look, the reign of Elohim is in your midst!"
    Then re-read post17006

The only sign given to them was Christ being dead and literally rising again in 3 days, just as the literal experience of Jonah being in a big fish for 3 days. (Lk 11:29)

Hmmm... isn't this "sign" talking about the fulfillment of the "allegory" (TYPE) called "The Passover" the 1st of the 7 Annual Holyday TYPES?

Didn't Christ make that perfectly clear to these Pharisees when He was standing there "in their midst"?

Lk 17:25:

25 "But first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.
    Holyday 1 was being fulfilled right before their eyes, and they could not see it.. They were focused on Holyday 4, when Christ comes as a literal King on earth. Because of this "blindness", they killed the Messiah. Likewise, many will kill the Firstfruits who are fulfilling Holyday 3 (Rev 6:9-11).

It should be clear, if one is being honest in the search for truth, that anything should not be taken out of context.

To ignore the context of Lk 17:21, IMO, is not being honest.
    Last edited by doug555; 03-21-15 at 11:49 PM.