Thread: The Gift

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by doug555 View Post
    Notice this excerpt from your reply above:

No, that is YOUR position MJ. My position is that the kingdom is NOT "within them", as I have made abundantly clear in previous posts.

See post17071

Then re-read post17006

The only sign given to them was Christ being dead and literally rising again in 3 days, just as the literal experience of Jonah being in a big fish for 3 days. (Lk 11:29)

Hmmm... isn't this "sign" talking about the fulfillment of the "allegory" (TYPE) called "The Passover" the 1st of the 7 Annual Holyday TYPES?

Didn't Christ make that perfectly clear to these Pharisees when He was standing there "in their midst"?

Lk 17:25:

It should be clear, if one is being honest in the search for truth, that anything should not be taken out of context.

To ignore the context of Lk 17:21, IMO, is not being honest.
    Jesus was first of the firstfruits plural and, if you want to look at that as a second harvest of sorts so be it. However, I believe that Jesus is telling me today to be about the work. Clearly I am the Temple [between my ears] the Scripture declares it.

So I seek the literal fulfillment of those Holy Days within me first. Naturally they will eventually occur without me in mankind. I seek those living waters TO DAY. We just have a different perspective as I believe Jesus told Martha that those who are alive and believe will never see death. If Jesus transfigured, then so can I.

Because, I don't believe that Jesus was unlike me in any way. When the "sun of Righteousness" arises upon those who choose to obey Jesus, then the Kingdom will grow in numbers and while first it manifested within me, later it will manifest without me in Society - as we all become One in Trust - under The Word.

As far as I can tell the so called "end times" have been around for a long time now. Acts 2 tells me the so called "latter days" plural - two days - two thousand years - have been ongoing now for some time.

Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh:

Seems Peter was thinking he was living in the last days!

Joe 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

I suppose that must have been a first out pouring maybe it was in the beginning of the latter days? I am sure that I will never find truth in my own vain undertakings. I didn't write the book.

I find it hilarious that only Jesus and the woman were at the well - and here we have a line by line discourse as if perhaps a scribe was standing by to record the dialog. Oh yes, I know it was an inspired story that John received of the Holy Spirit - sort of like a Parable.

Maybe John was there to give a first hand witness......no that couldn't be true else...

Joh 4:8 (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.)

One day Pentecost shall happen throughout all of mankind and so too will Tabernacles. Of that there is no doubt. The stars declare it.

Psa 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Psa 19:2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.

Psa 19:3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

Psa 19:4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,

Psa 19:5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.

Psa 19:6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.

Joh_3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

Regarding context.....here it is in its totality...v 22 changes subject and verse 19 ends a subject.

Luk 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

Comment: So why are many looking for signs [observations]? I guess many just don't belve Jesus

Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Comment: That is pretty blunt to me. He is saying it is not going to be setup here or there on the earth - as many would like the "new streets of gold" to replace the Roman rule...there is nothing new!

Shalom,
    MJ
    Last edited by Michael Joseph; 03-21-15 at 11:48 PM.
    The blessing is in the hand of the doer. Faith absent deeds is dead.

Lawful Money Trust Website

Divine Mind Community Call - Sundays 8pm EST

ONE man or woman can make a difference!