Quote Originally Posted by NONOFED View Post
It seems odd, there is no mint mark on it and its not a blue or a brown its a 71' and looks like a regular ike(front and back) but i'm told its definitely silver. Placed order for wrappers on Ebay choose closest possible seller but its been almost 3 weeks, had to open case, bad choice i guess.

Been using coin to pay for everything for about two months now with no issues. Dont keep anything in the bank, my savings is in coins, and in my possession. Not going to pursue Presidentials, Susan's or Sacajawea's since I come to realize im just getting cheated on metal content but would still prefer to FED notes any day which can stay with the bank. If I owe banks money, I give them whatever fed notes I have and try to limit giving them coin. Whereas if im dealing with a bank(checks, incoming funds) I only extract coin from a it. Interesting that dimes, quarters, halves and IKEs are about equal weight to dollar amount. The smaller dollar coins are a rip off though.
Coin is coin in my view. Ike's can be hard to get and I'll take golden's or SBA's in place of Ikes. The whole idea of this is to get dollars issued directly from the treasury(mint) and NOT a bank(fed). The best bang for your buck in metal content is the nickle, Cu pennies are actually better but require a lot of sorting and returns. Whereas all the nickles are the same except the silver ones. http://www.coinflation.com/