Thread: Remedy - lawful money solution

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by doug555 View Post
    Yes, there is one effective defense -- MIS-TAKE.

The mistake being that you did not understand LMD was TRANSACTION-BASED!

So you do have a defense for past conduct. But now that you know the facts, you cannot claim the Mistake defense from this point on.
    Thank you for this insight. I do not plan to take any 'net pay' deduction going forward since I have court-recorded a demand for all transactions. However, I discussed (via emails) LM with someone fighting for others who are fighting the IRS in non-lawful-money situations. He is well versed in law, but this person did not even know about LM. However, he stated that as long as you earn "wages" (statutory via the coercion of signing a W-4) AND you state a 0-FITW liability that they will 'most certainly come after you' in the future. Well, my 'net pay' deduction did not render a 0-FITW liability but greatly reduced it. With 'all transactions', there is now a 0-FITW liability. I still believe the 1040 LM demand is a slippery slope but I have stepped into the fire if there is one to be lit.

Doug, I have a question for you specifically. You have received your full demand for what, 3 years now? Would you mind disclosing whether those refunds were based on a 1099 or 1040? Other?

A general question: Has anyone received a refund from a 1040 LM return for at least 3 years running?

These are important questions, with many potential consequences at stake if the beast decides as such. This is why I ask.

Thank you.
    imm
    Last edited by itsmymoney; 04-18-15 at 06:54 PM.