Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
Possibly a counterclaim instead of a motion.

The common mistake here is that you attempted to explain the cause - to attorneys! They might have understood your timely Refusal for Cause if you would have just left it explaining the right of refusal, if you refuse for cause timely. So you tried to explain the law to attorneys, did you?
Thanks for the reply, David. No, I don't believe I attempted to explain the law to attorneys. I simply sent the ticket back "Returned For Cause" to the address on the ticket with the accompanying letter explaining the cop/prosecutor should have known from the DL he had no in personam jurisdiction. Apparently the Traffic Court Clerk (a.k.a. paper shuffler) received it and had no idea what to do with it, so he just made up a motion (a.k.a. fraud) and set it for a "Court" date. They admitted this in "Court."

Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
I am gathering the cop took a left turn from the wrong lane and nearly got hit for it; and then decided to blame you for not seeing him? If he had charged you with reckless driving or something you might have a problem. If this gets to trial the jury might have a time understanding the facts as a crime! BTW is there such an offense? Have you looked at that statute cited on the ticket in the Revised Statutes? It seems rediculous but they may badger you pretty hard to drive you into a plea bargain - to admit to turning left from a left turn lane like you did!
Let me add some clarification -- the cop said the left turn lane wasn't for making left turns, even though it is; I have the pictures of the signs, video of the traffic (in the vernacular sense of the word) flow, and I'll subpoena the cop car video and traffic director to testify this left turn lane is, in fact, for making left turns. This cop is an idiot (and an arrogant one at that). Being this ticket was issued on the last day of the month, I suspect he was making up sh!t to meet a quota. They're finding out they bit off more than they can chew on this one.

I can win this 100% on the facts, but I want to win "pre-trial" as a matter of law, and for the benefit of those on this board. That's why I'm here.