Thread: Endorsement Guaranteed

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by David Neil View Post
    In my due diligence to ensure my Lawful Money demand is documented, I went to the bank to get a copy of one of my demands. My methodology for negotiating my checks is to place the lawful money demand, "Special Deposit", no signature of any kind. I normally deposit in the ATM to avoid questions but have used this same method with the teller face to face without issue.

Anyway when I received my check copy, it had been routed through the system and I see this stamped under my non-endorsement:
    "Credited To The Account Of The Within Named Payee Endorsement Guaranteed Bank of America, N.A."

Can anyone deduce why the bank is guaranteeing an endorsement? My understanding is that I did not endorse private credit and that my deposit was made as "Special" and therefore the funds deposited have to be made in lawful money and returnable to me as lawful money
    Name:  Guarantee Cropped.png
Views: 6494
Size:  168.2 KB
    STANDARD OF REVIEW.

We review a district court's grant of summary judgment de novo, applying the same standard as the district court.

Turner v. Baylor Richardson Med. Ctr., 476 F.3d 337, 343 (5th Cir.2007).

Summary judgment is proper only if “the movant shows that there is no genuine dispute as to any material fact and the movant is entitled to judgment as a matter of law.” Fed.R.Civ.P. 56(a).

When reviewing a summary judgment motion, we draw all reasonable inferences in favor of the nonmoving party.

Turner, 476 F.3d at 343; see also Ford Motor Co. v. Tex. Dep't of Transp., 264 F.3d 493, 498 (5th Cir.2001) (“On cross-motions for summary judgment, we review each party's motion independently, viewing the evidence and inferences in the light most favorable to the nonmoving party.”). -

See more at: http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-5th-ci....kk9QwPbh.dpuf
    Last edited by Chex; 06-13-15 at 12:53 PM.
    "And if I could I surely would Stand on the rock that Moses stood"