Quote Originally Posted by martin earl View Post
After going back and forth with the I R S for "frivolous filing" accusations, here is what was done.

As a side note as to possibly why the return was flagged and then ruled frivolous, I learned there was a group of people who were filing returns as part of an anti war protest demanding full returns of all taxes withheld. IRS agents were notified if any out of the ordinary letters or justification was included with the returns, the returns should be forwarded to another office for further investigation. I believe it was a letter and copies of bank signature cards sent in as proof of demand for lawful money redemption that got the return flagged and not because of the demand for lawful money. That is my opinion only.

NOTICE: ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, NOT LEGAL ADVICE, FOR EDUCATIONAL USE ONLY AT YOUR OWN RISK, WITH PREJUDICE.

IMO, your opinion is correct. That is why I kept my filings SIMPLE and "standard" to avoid undue attention. Now I just use TaxAct and file electronically. Get refunds within 2 weeks. See "1040 Help" topic for how I did mine.

Great recovery moves though, especially this tactic:

"XXX-XX-XXX (the SSN of the "taxpayer")
XXXXXXXX (the EIN/SSN with no dashes)
THE ALL CAPS LEGAL NAME
THIS NAME AND ALL CORRESPONDING NUMBERS ARE PROPERTY OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. PLEASE DEPOSIT $xxxxxx.00 TO THE UNTIED STATES TREASURY. (AMOUNT DEMANDED ON THE BILL)
USUFRUCT SIGNATORY: X___________________________

That is similar to what I have suggested on my website at: http://usufructremedy.blogspot.com/p/usufruct.html