Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
I have not been exposed to the ravages of filling out IRS Forms. This is why I do not really feel qualified to instruct people how to do it. I find them very stressful and simply do not need that kind of anxiety.

I do however have a keen memory and pay attention to suitors and others, mostly Members here, and to the results they post and share. My impression is whether or not there is enough money in withholdings to bother. According to one suitor, you might redeem federal, as the attorneys know about redemption at the IRS but not bother with the state Form, for that little amount. This is because it seems that the attorneys at the state revenue agency like to play ignorant of remedy, and on a couple occasions that bled back to the IRS attorneys who began calling redemption frivolous the next year.

- Or just settle up regular on the Form, as a gift. Then be pleased that you now have the redemption formula for 2016 and prepare for full redemption in your life, for the rest of your life. Partial years are messy and I imagine quite a problem for any IRS attorney to wrap his or her mind around.
David,

If the state is claiming a " taxpayer" who has redeemed lawful money for a partial year owes, do you suggest paying that amount and defer to the following year? Could that be construed as an admission of contract agreement for future returns?