Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
Redeeming lawful money is found at Section 16 of the Fed Act. What you suggest is appeasement and I can appreciate that. I like to think most of the Members and Readers here like the truth and have a bit more faith.
Yes Federal Reserve Act is law. And "gross income" is defined in IRC as "all income from whatever source derived, unless excluded by law".

Is it not your position that Federal Reserve Act permits an exclusion of income from being subject to federal tax?

Why then, would you have to report earnings as "gross income" on a 1040 in the first place?

There was no suggestion of appeasement intended whatsoever. Perhaps you might request more information at deltawhiskey@protonmail.com before passing judgment.

Bottom line: You are either a "taxpayer" (i.e. subject to an internal revenue tax) or you are not a taxpayer. If you are not a taxpayer and you do not want to be one, you must refrain from filing a 1040 that declares you had "gross income" above the exemption amount. "Gross income" is in quotes because it does NOT mean "everything that comes in" in the first place! See the U.S. Supreme Court in Southern Pacific Co. v Lowe:

“We must reject…the broad contention submitted in behalf of the Government that all receipts—everything that comes in-- are income within the proper definition of “gross income” (in the Internal Revenue Code)…

Returns are labelled "frivolous" by IRS not so much because the position taken is based on untrue facts (many frivolous positions are based on facts that are indeed true) but because under the circumstances, the position taken is irrelevant and is seen as being used to defeat and impede the administration of tax law upon "taxpayers".

Filing a 1040 itself indicates you are a "taxpayer". It makes no sense to IRS that you would use a "taxpayer" form to declare yourself to not be a "taxpayer".

It is a "U.S. Individual" form. See definition of "United States" at IRC 7701. You simply do not need a lawful money deduction (or any other deduction) if your earnings are not "gross income" in the first place. You may need to correct W-2 or 1099 information reported by third parties. But a 1040 tax return is not the way to do that, as many CTC filers can attest.