Thread: Just a thought, could some Judges don't even know how government works?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavilan View Post
    While doing some research, I came to notice that there are a lot of DUI / DWI cases about judges:

Do a google search for "judge arrested dui OR dwi" and you will see.

Now, I came across this article:

http://poststar.com/news/local/judge...cc4c002e0.html

Like it reads, license suspension hearings are civil matters, think about that for a moment. If you signed the application, you entered into the contract, right?

Now, don't get me wrong, there are some cases where the judges know and have used procedure to get out of the charges.

Then, it seemed odd that judges would not have other judges help each other, and guess what, there are judges' associations.

http://aja.ncsc.dni.us/

Clearly they are not the ones in the select circle. If they were, there would not be a need for an open association. The point being, judges are just powerful cogs in the machine of state, even they don't know the most powerful secret.
    This has been widely discussed for over a decade. Why do you suspect they don't know what they are doing or don't counsel one another? Traffic court proceedings are quasi-criminal (case law supports this) meaning they are civil cases given criminal burden of proof (i.e. they are 'criminal cases' when it comes to the burden of proof required but are in fact each a civil case).

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Robert View Post
    3. For the purposes of Vatican criminal law, the following persons are deemed “public officials”:

a) members, officials and personnel of the various organs of the Roman Curia and of the Institutions connected to it.

b) papal legates and diplomatic personnel of the Holy See.

c) those persons who serve as representatives, managers or directors, as well as persons who even de facto manage or exercise control over the entities directly dependent on the Holy See and listed in the registry of canonical juridical persons kept by the Governorate of Vatican City State;

d) any other person holding an administrative or judicial mandate in the Holy See, permanent or temporary, paid or unpaid, irrespective of that person’s seniority.

I don't see where the local judge fits into this definition. Maybe be [and of the institutions connected to it?] or [ entities directly dependent on the Holy See] ??
    The Holy See and the Vatican were out of commission until 1929 until they were revived in per the Lateran Treaty (the validity of which has been questioned). Some may hold bar associations and their members to be purveyors of Vatican/Roman Canon Law. With the Original Thirteenth Amendment it may have been that those that pushed for that amendment were aware of certain bar association members being agents or delegates a power foreign to the states of America subsequent to the American Revolution. In other words, some suggest that Canon Law and the modern legal profession go hand in hand. There is a book: Medieval Origins of the Legal Profession.

Last edited by allodial; 06-17-16 at 11:16 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.