Quote Originally Posted by PilgrimPublisher View Post
....... feels like I'm finagling/skirting the system.....

I sincerely hope you don't have a residence in the City of Ogden in the State of Utah !!

Else, presuming you are genuine in your effort to obtain remedy, let me clarify that you do not redeem anything......you only make a demand for lawful money.

The redemption is supposed to be done by the accountants at the IRS when they take the figures from your annual voluntary self assessment and pass those along to Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew, who then includes those figures in his "monthly statement of the public debt of the united states" to congress (see "Table III | Other Debt | US Notes" on pg 13).

Of course, if you want things done correctly, ya gotta do 'em yourself.....so it never hurts to alert Jake annually in a personal note how much he should include on that report as your contribution.

If you're truly hung up on this direct deposit demand for lawful money, I'm sure the bank has an online presence where you may view your balance and transactions....probably even has a function for you to comment on each transaction.....so use it on the direct deposits....print off a copy before sending the demand message, and you're on your way. Don't forget to print off copies of your handwritten checks and assorted deposit slips while you're there.....now enter all those bits of pulp into your evidence repository for safekeeping.

Probably wouldn't hurt for you to sign everything "Lawful Money" either....