Quote Originally Posted by jeffreydavid View Post
I have been redeeming for the past year and a half. I, like both of you, am married with two young children. I redeemed my final paycheck for 2009 as a "trial" to see if I would actually get the refund so I wouldn't go through a whole year wondering. I received both state and federal refund checks last May. I redeemed every paycheck and personal check for all 2010 as a follow up. I submitted both returns in March and have since received my state refund but am still waiting for the federal. Expect this year to be more interesting as I am claiming return for Federal, Medicare, FICA, and also had some stock sales that I redeemed in lawful money as well. I expect all to go well but will see. I have even begun redeeming my IRA to get it out of the usafruct account to use it to pay off my mortgage. Lots of possibilities once you begin plowing forward. Good luck.

That is interesting - I am concerned about claiming the insurance premiums though. That may hitch up the whole thing.

Could you please duplicate your post opening a new thread in a more appropriate category?