Thread: On The Subject Of Private Credit

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    I'm reading your words correctly and I'm telling you your phraseology is wrong. My initial post makes no such claim. You're not agreeing with me, you're attempting twist my argument to fit your straw man and I will have none of it.
    I'm attempting to impart to you the terms "money of account" and "money of exchange".
    I understand that credit is not "money" per your article.
    I see your comparison and contrast between FRNs and credit as "money of exchange" and "money of account" respectively.
    I twist nothing.
    I feel the phraseology is precise and fits within historical definitions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl
    It is your prerogative to believe whatever you like however; your beliefs are not germane to the subject as outlined.
    Beliefs are germane to me.
    Facts are germane to this discussion.
    I bring facts.
    My prerogatives are fine and I am well aware of them. It's nice you recognize them.

Barter

v.intr.
    To trade goods or services without the exchange of money.

v.tr.
    To trade (goods or services) without the exchange of money.

n.

The act or practice of bartering.
    Something bartered.

adj.
    Of, relating to, or being something based on bartering: a barter economy.

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/barter#ixzz1LiCHmmVR
    Gold and silver coins are collectable commodities. If you chose to barter them away at stamped value, that's your prerogative. I'm not going to argue them any further because they are irrelevant to the subject.
    Gold and silver coins are legal tender and lawful tender. They are a medium of exchange.
    They are only collectible commodities with regard to numismatics. The usage of a medium of exchange precludes the transaction from being labeled as barter.

And "bartering" (as you so put it) gold and silver coins at stamped value in a public transaction isn't my prerogative, it is federal law.

Tis' better to ask me what my prerogatives are rather than manufacture one of your choosing.

It was not an ad hominem attack, it was an honest, straight foward, question.
    Your assessment, being your opinion, is a belief in addition to not being germane to this discussion.

One shouldn't "call the kettle" when they are guilty of the same actions.
    Last edited by shikamaru; 05-08-11 at 08:15 PM.