Thread: Get Your Taxes Won

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    As I recall, Pete HENDRICKSON of LH/CtC advocated submission of a "Corrected" 1099 along with the tax return to rebut the presumption of federal income. While I never saw any rule against it, I never tried it. The 1099s and W2s are clearly intended to be prepared by the PAYER, not the recipient. Of course Pete never agreed that use of FRNs creates a federal nexus; a liability for the income tax based on use of a privileged currency. While it might work short-term, correcting an info report while still endorsing private credit of the FED does not the relieve the recipient from liability for income tax.

This brings to mind the topic of SELF-ASSESSMENT. David Merrill has mentioned this. Why is the taxpayer allowed to assess his/her own income? The feds, the IRS, the banks already know my annual income. At least what's been deposited. Why not just send me the tax bill - you made X dollars last year and here's what you owe us. It's because we are not required to use private credit. We have the option to demand Lawful Money instead - to operate outside the Federal Reserve district or system. Lawful money is a non-privileged currency; public money not subject to excise.
    Last edited by lorne; 03-31-19 at 09:28 PM.