Thread: Filing 2018 Taxes Advice

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    David and company,

Take a look at this link and let me know your thoughts apparently we are "evading tax laws" found this after your broadcast today with the IRS "Part III - Administrative, Procedural, and Miscellaneous" form, https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small...nts-section-ii

and more importantly from the link, where they specifically mention 12USC411, then again I think it was more about the person "willfully failing to file a return":

Congress is empowered "[t]o coin Money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the Standard of weights and measures." U.S. Const. Art. I, § 8, cl. 5. Article I, Section 10 of the Constitution prohibits the states from declaring as legal tender anything other than gold or silver, but does not limit Congress' power to declare the form of legal tender. See 31 U.S.C. § 5103; 12 U.S.C. § 411. In United States v. Rifen, 577 F.2d 1111 (8 th Cir. 1978), the court affirmed a conviction for willfully failing to file a return, rejecting the argument that Federal Reserve Notes are not subject to taxation. "Congress has declared Federal Reserve notes legal tender . . . and federal reserve notes are taxable dollars." Id. at 1112. The courts have rejected this argument on numerous occasions.
    Last edited by Christopher Jonathan; 05-11-19 at 12:55 AM.