Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
You got a chuckle there! But I think he is looking for something more serious.

Sometimes I wish I was in a position to file a return (report) for the purpose of refunding withholdings. That would give me first hand experience. Using electronic forms seem problematic about fitting your demand. Like over on What the IRS Agent Thinks... IRS attorneys reform the system of forms to stultify redemption, whenever they legally can.

I think that I would likely just go to the library and pick up paper forms so I could use my demand stamp on the signature line, and where I claim the deduction equal to the withholdings.

So be careful. That is the biggest most common mistake. You only get your withholdings. Keep it simple and review Coffee Chats. A membership at www.lawfulmoneytrust.com will go a long way. You still have some time before April too.
Thanks for the recommendations. I will definitely consider going to the library to get paper forms. Again, since I'm a regular, single, W2 employee, I'm sure it can't be too hard. Although I don't have a stamp.

On another note, do people really think they would get back more than what was withheld?