Thread: LAW states registration not required

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    Thank you allodial.
    This reminds me: I recall you stated previously somewhere that you use no DL.
    Does the DOT not require a DL for a "vehicle" for which they issue a number?
    Or is the DOT a different jurisdiction altogether?
    AFAIK State DMVs are subject to US Department of Transportation regulations, etc. US Department of Transportation is a superior venue to the State DMV. Totally different jurisdiction and venue. If you are not commercial, private, not for hire I am unaware of any driver license requirement.

The USDOT # is not necessarily particular for any particular vehicle unless perhaps its for a vehicle registrant. Its comprehensive for an entire organization. 'Vehicle registration' is also available. It is possible, however, to use the VIN for the legal name.
    Last edited by allodial; 08-30-11 at 02:42 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.