Thread: endorsing and SS.......a big question!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by motla68 View Post
    And you have first hand knowledge of this? Use to be once financial education started at home, I just do not understand how people come to the conclusion that it is the public schools systems responsibility?
    A study of the history of public schooling in the U.S., and the influence of certain well-known Families is easy to accomplish and might be fruitful. A member of the Rothschild family wrote one of his brothers and complained that he had trouble starting a banking operation because the people there were too smart--this was 1700s or 1800s. I'm unaware of anyone stating that such and such was public school's responsiblity. However, economics and the like was probably 10)% removed from the curriculum of most US high schools come 1970. These days you might learn how to endorse a check in blank and how to balance a check book (i.e. backwards accounting). If you are training public officials, you'd figure them having a clue about money might be a good idea. Not to mention a famous economist who made it clear that the made it through PhD in the 60s without studying accounting. For the U.S, public schooling seemed come into full swing just in time for scrip to come into play. Public schooling ... its for schooling the public no? So why the reference to private economics? Do you believe that the public doesn't have anything to do with money and that teaching about money isn't the responsibility of public schools ... even teaching it to would-be public officials is just out of the question, huh? So public officials should learn about money in private only?

So I should somehow feek OK about funding schools which promote idiocy and then whine about the ill-effects of crime and poverty? Should some "hood kid" put a 45 up against my skull in a quest for some mad skrilla I should remind him that financial education starts at home, right?

There are those who have asserted that German influence on college-level business and economics courses following WWII led to utter crappola being taught to the typical MBA. I foretold that one day GM or Chrysler would be taken over by a German auto company simply because the Germans saw to it American business leaders would be dumbed down to the extent that GM or Chrysler would hit the dirt in bankruptcy. I wanted a quote faxed or emailed to me for a hotel room. I never got it from any of three U.S. hotels. They sneered at me and insisted that I should just go online. They lost out on probably $50K in business. However, I got a quite in writing in 2 days from an overseas hotel. I wanted a quote from an auto dealer by fax or by email. They argued with me that they only would do that if I came in. I got one in writing via email from overseas in 2 days. They'd even ship it to me. Go figure.

Read it and...weep?
    Last edited by allodial; 12-01-11 at 08:14 AM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.