Quote Originally Posted by Metheist View Post
DM, With all due respect to you, I would respond to this to ask "when did you create God?"

Because it is within your mind that he exists, else you would not share (perceived) experience/belief.

For me, when I discovered that the "God" I served was my own creation, I issued him the directive: "Ye must be born again."

My former statement is absent a claim that "there is no god." To the contrary, I believe the divine is in each of us. And even the bible verifies that we were given the power of god (read: creation and choice).

So the Fibonacci, Golden Ratio, the Rubedo of Alchemy, and the remote viewing of meditation are all miraculous and divine.

Me, I am aware for my connection with, and oneness with the divine.

Choose ye this day whom ye will serve. As for me and my house, we are Non Serviam, yet loving our fellow man as best we can.

Metheist.

With true respect back, I laughed out loud as I read:

For me, when I discovered that the "God" I served was my own creation, I issued him the directive: "Ye must be born again."
From the perspective you project upon me, you may have uttered the ultimate blasphemy.

Indeed I may have created God, as the God of my post is little more than an ability for thought to develop to an utterance and that to create a universe. The God of my post would be nothing without a Creation - He would die of boredom without experience. In my scenario/musings about the God of Creation, we literally live for God (God's amusement really).

This is not to belittle the emotions - especially of love and joy. Emotions are quite important in my portrait.

Regards,

David Merrill.