Quote Originally Posted by Michael Joseph View Post

Deu 32:30 How should one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, except their Rock had sold them, and the LORD had shut them up?

"shut them up" is a Hebrewism that means to "fence in"

You think my presentation strange? - Tell me how many police officers there are in your town. I'll wager the ratio is approximately one per thousand.

and then,

Deu 32:37 And he shall say, Where are their gods, their rock in whom they trusted,

Deu 32:38 Which did eat the fat of their sacrifices, and drank the wine of their drink offerings? let them rise up and help you, and be your protection.

See Jeremiah 17:5 again for more clarity. And they shall look up and see the Son of Man coming in the clouds and beg for death and they shall not be able to die. Soul/spirit can only be blotted out by the one coming in the clouds. They have been found trusting in the wrong "rock".

Well said Michael Joseph.

The children of Israel were enslaved in Egypt before their Creator wrought a mighty deliverance for them.
They had to get their feet wet, thinking no doubt they were going to drown, before the sea parted for them.
Pharaoh and his host drowned in those same waters.

Pharaoh trusted in an inferior god. He pressed on with his pursuits even though he had already had evidence of the inferiority of his god during the ten plagues preceding the exodus of the Israelites.
He thought he owned those slaves and he had to get them back, which cost him his life as well as the lives of his accompanying host.
Bad company.

------
local musical interlude
------

Shabbat Shalom