Thread: My first attempt at demanding lawful money...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Maybe not yet. Get a copy of your Authorized Signature agreement. See how that goes.

Please don't take this as being evasive, but I do not think it is any productive use to explain about name to banks. You could close the account and open a new one for example and sign any way that you like; if they tell you to walk, then you can go looking for another bank.

Try saying, I don't want to close the account. I want to redeem lawful money with every transaction, including electronic transactions. If they are trying to get rid of you they will close out your account and have you sign for the funds they give you. That is when you say, I don't want to close the account. I want to redeem lawful money with every transaction, including electronic transactions.

Do you start to get it?

They cannot close your account for you. All they can do is convince you to close your account. Instead of being a restrictive endorsement consider it correcting your signature. You need to correct your signature from a naked contract to redemption of lawful money specified.

If it is your style though, open a new bank account with the Demand on the Signature Card first and it will probably be a lot more fun, less stress.
    Last edited by David Merrill; 04-09-12 at 11:26 PM.