Thread: Writings of Russell and Colin STANDISH

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the children of God, even to them that believe on his name (John 1:12).
    Key difference is that of (a) becoming God and (b) becoming sons of God.

Being a son of God or being the light (rather than bearing the light) seems to bring with it a habit of shining light rather than creating shadows. This is might be where the line of distinction is drawn between "children of darkness" and "children of light". As in the former lie so that the form and fabric of their lie goes undiscovered. The latter (i.e. "children of light") are all about truth in support of the expansion of the kingdom of heaven (i.e. "the more the merrier" as contrasted with the scarcity-based mindset).

On one hand, I get that there are some scientific concepts one might hope the most base man wouldn't figure out for all of the damage he might do if he knew. Similarly, there are those who are too lazy enough and could hardly be bothered with .. something 'pesky' like reading or learning anything more than how to stuff their pie holes and 'fulfill' various bodily functions. So yes this reminds me of a quote that has accompanied for a long, long time perhaps as a kind of 'mantra':

It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honor of kings is to search out a matter.
    On the other hand...an interesting snippet....

Name:  Twofold_doctrine_2.png
Views: 813
Size:  71.0 KB
    Debt and Grace: As Related to the Doctrine of a Future Life (Charles Frederic Hudson)
    If Pilate knew of no kingdom of truth then of what kingdom was Pilate? One of light or one of darkness?

When "we ought protect the mysteries" is code for "I hope they don't ever find out that we're lying to them!"... well its pretty clear whether it would be of light or of darkness. At the same time, I consider many that I've encountered along the way who could care less about anything as stated above but things like bowel movements but yet who became envious because I was successful in applying truth.

Name:  deceiving_the_vulgar.png
Views: 891
Size:  38.9 KB

But I have also encountered those who knowing full well what they are doing did place counterfeits, traps, snares who despise the kingdom of heaven and who despise truth but yet they might pose as 'truthers' or as being 'pious and holy'. That one Jesus who was raised from the dead and ascended into heaven lucidated why they do it!

Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.
    Because they were 'hindered' they decided to 'return the favor' and hindered others. Perhaps they were led down an utterly false trail, found themselves stuck so 'passed it on' (i.e. "spreading the disease")?

And the LORD said unto Cain, Where [is] Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: [Am] I my brother's keeper?
    On another note I'm reminded of a speech by a Ravi Zacharias that he related about a Muslim that came to him asking him questions. Ultimately Ravi Zacharias explained to him above all his questions something like this: BECAUSE YOU ARE OF THE TRUTH...THAT IS WHY YOU SEEK OUT THE TRUTH.
    Last edited by allodial; 05-22-12 at 11:07 PM.
    All rights reserved. Without prejudice. No liability assumed. No value assured.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Thess. 5:21.