Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
Technically, when you cross one US state into another, you are traveling internationally .

We could say one is also traveling intranationally as well given the States have individual (the several States) as well as an aggregate capacity known was the United States of America.

A symbol of the aggregate capacity of the States is the U.S. Constitution .... a compact (treaty) ... and a charter establishing an international public corporation styled government of the United States.

A federal government (as opposed to a national government).

Probably the closest thing to a "passport" within the territorial United States would be a driver's license.
I suppose that is true. However, from a practical perspective no one in a fancy costume is setting at the border with guns when I cross from Kentucky into Tennessee. When I fly to the UK, they are always there to greet me and go through my bags. The same thing when I return home.

My opinion, hardly worth much at this point, is that the Union setup under the Articles of Confederation is still in force. That is where the "more perfect union" comes from in the preamble and I can find no evidence that it was ever repealed. The problems seem to mostly come from the war of 1861 and the continuing emergency, all exacerbated by the undermining of the government by the banking cartel in 1913.

The Constitution gave the power to control the borders to the federal government. One tool they use, along with virtually every other "government" is a passport. I hope there is a way for those of us who understand what has happend to obtain a lawful passport.