Quote Originally Posted by NYGMan-Tax View Post

I promise to address all questions, I just need time. I do have a life outside tax, and forum debate. Feel free to carry on discussing, I will get back.

Let's just say, If I can validate this approach, I can write an opinion, and can use that to support an audit, but it has to be grounded in current tax law with specific code sections regulation and cases cited.
I would recommend that you gather the applicable background research material (Congressional acts, Public Laws, regulatory codification of such acts/public laws, applicable case cites that support various fact elements, etc.) as if you were moving forward in composing a brief for a U.S. Supreme court case in support of a Lawful Money by demand position.

An opinion letter would then be a piece of cake when all the foundational research and work backing up such an opinion letter had already been conducted, composed and is available should you have to assert such a position on behalf of your client in court.

Our role in this regard would be to provide you with questions like I had posted earlier that can act as guideposts to direct your research, but you must physically do the research work for yourself to gain the foundational knowledge in this regard.

When you answer those initial 5 questions I had posted earlier, please provide your court admissible research material references that supports each of your answers to these initial questions as well.

At that time others on this forum can see about providing additional references you may have missed that may also be helpful in support of your answers.

I doubt that anyone here on this forum is not more than willing to pitch in and help others who are making a genuine effort to educate themselves and gather such reference material in support of their position regarding Lawful Money.

:-)