Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
I think that I can conditionally agree. It is when you as citizen receive a presentment and being a trustee for that ACCOUNT is optional (as it often is) that you can R4C effectively. Citizens can make demand for lawful money redemption and be redeemed from the presumption they are the office of state bank for example.

The other obvious option is to lose the plastic altogether. I have. I will not risk more than $250 buying the initial debit card - let's say for Christmas time gift purchases on eBay. I really like good deals! But there is the two forty-minute nasty phone calls getting the card activated for use on PayPal and other vendors, without giving them billing information - especially they want a SSN. It gets ugly getting through to an attorney who finally agrees that the surety was on the bills I gave the Safeway cashier. Then if I do not use the card up in less than six months they deactivate it and I have to call, spend a half hour before they will activate it until midnight. Then I make my purchases and try calculating them to use up the card but a few cents...

The cards cannot be refilled so that is an extra $5 out of pocket. One day the smartass on the phone suggested I just get somebody else to call in the billing information for me. I did not call him dishonest and so he just cancelled the card stealing the remaining balance of about $3.50. Not enough to bother me but it sure makes me wary of how easily I could lose $250 this way!
It's precisely those kinds of battles I want to avoid. Question: since you bought credits with lawful money, did that change the nature of the credits you bought? I would think not, since those credits are accounting entries. I guess I'm trying to understand what harm there is connected with using the social security number when purchasing accounting credit entries.

Cheers