Quote Originally Posted by David Merrill View Post
The real rub here is that filling out the W-4 Form is a mandatory part of employment in America. If the employer fails to collect the W-4 Forms from all the employees there can be fines and other penalties for the employer.

This reminds me of the LOST TV series. I watched the entire six seasons only to find that it was a post-death hallucination - all of it! It was a remake of Occurance at Owl Creek Bridge, and Jacob's Ladder in my opinion. Beware the linguistics of anything LOST!

Thank you for the video commentary. It has prompted me to Review of My Videos - new threads coming soon. I know there are things I have confirmed as well as am embarrased to have said. Like with HENDRICKSON that is a problem about publishing where you are at that time, when life is a learning process.

The evolved comment in your second paragraph Realname, is that we can be full-fledged State Banks and still make our demand for lawful money. That in fact is who (what) the remedy is intended for - state banks who have been issued Federal Reserve notes. There are suitors earning over $100K/year gainfully employed.

Regards,

David Merrill.
Your last comment, David, is very interesting to me. I've been mulling over the very same idea, that the demand is available only to state banks. After all, isn't it true that anyone holding FRN's is then a state bank by default? At any rate, I've been trying to figure out what this implies. It seems that if someone is holding FRN's (or has deposits on account denominated in FRN's) , and is entitled to demand redemption in lawful money, he has been holding FRN's from the beginning. Since this must be the case, then isn't it also true he that his status as a state bank hasn't changed? And that any income he receives is first received in FRN's? And while his income in FRN's might be offset by the demand, wouldn't filing a return still be required?

I apologize for my muddled thinking, but I'm trying to understand the process completely. After much soul searching, I've come to realize that my most important concern is to completely withdraw from this system. However, it appears that one must be in the system in order to use it. That is appealing on one level, but it still goes against my grain.

It has occurred to me that the only way to completely withdraw is to never receive FRN's. That leaves barter or using alternative currency altogether as a means of trading with people. I guess my problem boils down to this: I don't see how redeeming lawful money changes the nature of a person's relationship to the government. I see how it can be advantageous and desirable to redeem lawful money, but it looks like a catch-22; that one must be in the system in order to use it.

I'm sorting my thoughts as I write, and it appears my goal of withdrawing completely may not be realistic. Or am I barking up the wrong tree?