I opened an account at a local bank here in the Chicagoland area in June of 2012, I wrote on the signature card "All transactions on this account are intended by demand to be done in lawful money per 12 USC 411." I had the administrator make copies of it with no problem, she asked what it was about and I told her it was part of my constitutional rights to demand lawful currency in lieu of the existing fiat currency in place in our country, she said oh, okay and proceeded to make me a copy of the signature card.
A week later I walked into the bank and the same lady that processed the signature card walked up to me and said "I looked up the 12 USC 411 thing and it says something about lawful money being of gold and silver, well I am here to tell you our money is not backed by any gold or silver anymore!" I looked at her and smiled and said "My point exactly" ..... she walked away with a bewildered look on her face.
The bank refused to cash the checks I presented with my stamp "Deposit for credit on account or exchange for federal reserve notes of equal value" but they did let me deposit them and with drawl the funds after 2 or 3 days.
My dilemma, if you can call it a dilemma, is that every month since I opened the account they have sent a letter stating that there is no signature card on file and that I should come in to file one. I laughed because how is the account even opened and an account # issued without a signature card? Did they lose it? are they afraid to put that one on file?
I read somewhere in one of these threads about a 3 day rescission right of the bank to with drawl the signature card, is that true?
I have wrote a nasty letter and a nice letter but would like some input before I send one of them off to them, also curious if I should mail it certified w/proof of service?
I can post scrubbed copies of the signature card and the letter from hte bank if that will help in assessing my situation.

Thanks in advance for your input into these matters,
Tom