Thread: Redeeming Lawful Money on Daily Paul

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shikamaru View Post
    My opinion: No.

Legal tender laws are obligations on creditors. Creditors must accept the tender of FRNs by debtors.

There is also the problem of your profession. I'm sure real estate is a "covered employment" as well as a public interest attaching thereto.

If you are incorporated, there is another latch as well.
    I'm sure you are insured as well......
    I do not agree that one has to accept FRNs for payment, if that was true, then our demands for lawful money would hold no legal standing. The demand for lawful money, is, in fact, a refusal of FRNs.

"There is, however, no Federal statute mandating that a private business, a person or an organization must accept currency or coins as for payment for goods and/or services. Private businesses are free to develop their own policies on whether or not to accept cash unless there is a State law which says otherwise." http://www.treasury.gov/resource-cen...al-tender.aspx

I always demand lawful money and when I pay in cash, I tell the other party I am using lawful money to pay. Simply putting up a NOTICE in any Corporation:

"Only Lawful money accepted for payments" will suffice. There is no law that requires one to accept FRNs as payment, there are court cases that denote US Bank notes must be accepted, but never have I seen one that rules FRNs must be accepted.
    Last edited by martin earl; 01-31-13 at 04:08 AM.