David, I did NOT get that part of the check modified.
The "Payable in Lawful Money 12USC411", (minus quotation marks) did get printed onto the checks.

I have in some cases been hand altering these new checks prior to their issue, crossing out the "the Order of" verbiage.

But the suitors here raise an interesting point.
It was my mind set at the time of placing the check order I wanted to leave no doubt about my application of Remedy, first establishing my modified signature cards, but then switching back & return to utilizing checks much more, again, believing (niavely I suspect) that with the issuance of each check I was further documenting my demand to use lawful money.

With my use of checks stating [B]Payable in Lawful Money 12USC411 [/B ](& somewhat inconsistent Payable to clause), the payee has been deprived the choice whether to use FRN's in that particular transaction.

While striving to ensure my own insistence, it never dawned on me I denied another a valid choice.

But on second thought, until my recent learning of remedy, my ignorance about a choice to use FRN versus lawful money was my own. By placing the notice of payment in lawful money, not only do I establish my persistent preference but maybe I introduce this new reality to another.

Finally; as I observe my slow steps toward understanding when compared to the keen, sharp, insights presented amongst these gathered here maybe I shouldn't try to expound on these matters. :-)