Thread: Very interesting development regarding online payment from lawful money account

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wow,

I think that is the first time I've seen in a statute defining us as natural people. I think they have to in order for us to legally sign away our rights. I'm with you by the way on the legality of us notes. They in my opinion are still pegged to gold, but, fdr and nixon "temporarily" disallowed them to be redeemed, I dont think they have ever changed the actual definition of the dollars value since 42 per ounce, as stated on the books with the earmarked federal reserve gold. If they did, it would be reflected on their books.

31 USC § 5112 - Denominations, specifications, and design of coins

(a) The Secretary of the Treasury may mint and issue only the following coins:
    (1) a dollar coin that is 1.043 inches in diameter.
    (2) a half dollar coin that is 1.205 inches in diameter and weighs 11.34 grams.
    (3) a quarter dollar coin that is 0.955 inch in diameter and weighs 5.67 grams.
    (4) a dime coin that is 0.705 inch in diameter and weighs 2.268 grams.
    (5) a 5-cent coin that is 0.835 inch in diameter and weighs 5 grams.
    (6) except as provided under subsection (c) of this section, a one-cent coin that is 0.75 inch in diameter and weighs 3.11 grams.
    (7) A fifty dollar gold coin that is 32.7 millimeters in diameter, weighs 33.931 grams, and contains one troy ounce of fine gold.
    (8) A twenty-five dollar gold coin that is 27.0 millimeters in diameter, weighs 16.966 grams, and contains one-half troy ounce of fine gold.
    (9) A ten dollar gold coin that is 22.0 millimeters in diameter, weighs 8.483 grams, and contains one-fourth troy ounce of fine gold.
    (10) A five dollar gold coin that is 16.5 millimeters in diameter, weighs 3.393 grams, and contains one-tenth troy ounce of fine gold.
    (11) A $50 gold coin that is of an appropriate size and thickness, as determined by the Secretary, weighs 1 ounce, and contains 99.99 percent pure gold.
    (12) A $25 coin of an appropriate size and thickness, as determined by the Secretary, that weighs 1 troy ounce and contains .9995 fine palladium.

There is no getting around it, a $50 gold coin that is 32.7 mm weighs 33.931 grams and contains one troy ounce of fine gold. This might be the indirect way evaluate the definition of the dollar...
    Last edited by mikecz; 02-16-13 at 11:36 PM.